I have worked as a psychotherapist and counsellor in universities and mental health agencies in England and Wales over a 12 year period.
I opened my private practice in 2009, and currently work as an independent psychotherapist and clinical supervisor. Alongside my practice I am an associate tutor on the Counselling & Psychotherapy programme at the University of Warwick.
I have over 20 years experience in training and development for industry and business, having worked widely with private and public sector employees and organisations.
I am a Senior Accredited psychotherapist of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), and registered with the Professional Standards Authority (PSA). My practice is monitored by a fully qualified clinical supervisor.
As a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy I accept the BACP's Ethical Framework for good practice. In the case of any complaint I would be subject to their disciplinary procedures.
Registered with the ICO (data protection & control), I also hold a DBS Certificate (previously the Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau - CRB).
Training & Qualifications
- Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision (University of Gloucester)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic and Professional Practice (University of Warwick)
- Senior Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Advanced Post-Diploma Cert in Relationship Counselling (Milton Keynes)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (University of Warwick, BACP Accredited)
- AEB Certificate in the Theory and Practice of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Central School of Counselling)
- British Psychological Society: Certificate in Occupational Assessment - Levels A & B
- Drugs & Alcohol: Contexts for Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCC - Contact Ceredigion)
- Suicide, Self-harm: Contexts for Psychotherapy (Aberystwyth University)
- Suicide & Self-harm Seminars (Tavistock Institute, London)
- Mindfulness & Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT): Theory & Practice (Therapy Challenges)
- Group Facilitation CPD Parts I & II (University of Strathclyde)
- Psychopathology in Psychotherapy Seminar (University of Warwick)
- Sexual Abuse in Childhood (University of Aberystwyth)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Counselling (University of Aberystwyth)